The hot air balloon is the oldest successful human-carrying flight technology. It is part of a class of aircraft known as balloon aircraft. A hot air balloon consists of a bag called the envelope that is capable of containing heated air. Suspended beneath is a gondola or wicker basket (in some long-distance or high-altitude balloons, a capsule), which carries passengers and (usually) a source of heat, in most cases an open flame.Balloon takes off from the Skydive Dubai desert campus located on the Al Ain highway. It is a 30 minute drive from the Burj Khalifa. Our take-off site is next door to the world famous Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, home to many indigenous species like oryx and gazelles.
Rising early for a sunrise flight is a minor inconvenience when compared to the breathtaking views and incredible desert landscape. It is also the best time for ballooning as the cool and serene ambience adds to the experience.
The actual flight is approximately one hour. Weather permitting, fly every day from the middle of September until the end of May.
The Hot Air Balloon trip Includes
Pick from your Hotel or residence at 4:30 AM
Drive to the Dubai Desert
Balloon Preparation & Hot Air Filling
1-2 Hours of Flight above the Dubai’s Desert
Drop off to the hotel or a residence
What you need to know
- We will call you between 6pm-8.30pm, the evening before your fight to confirm your exact pick-up time. If we are unable to reach you a written message will be left with the hotel concierge/reception. For others not in hotels, an SMS will be sent to your mobile.
- Wear comfortable loose clothing. In the winter months, it is advisable to carry a light jacket or cardigan.
- As you will have to climb in and out of the basket, wearing a skirt or a long dress can get in the way.
- A sun hat or cap is also a good idea.
- Avoid high-heeled shoes. Trainers are ideal.
- The entire outing normally takes about 4 hours with limited access to rest rooms.
Don’t forget your camera!